Table of Contents
Transition to Tele-Health
Effective Monday, March 30th, Covenant Community Care will transition to providing patient care through tele-health (Doxy.me) at all our locations. Our Joy-Southfield, Moross, Royal Oak, and Westland locations are closed to in-person care and will be providing tele-health services exclusively.
Our Michigan Avenue clinic, in addition to tele-health, will remain open for limited-scope, in-person visits for our established Covenant patients from any location. Any service provided at the Michigan Avenue clinic will be by appointment only through your primary care provider’s office. All patients, staff, and visitors to the Michigan Ave. clinic will be required to complete a screening prior to entering the facility. These changes are being made to ensure we are able to meet the needs of our patients in the safest way possible.
Please contact your primary care provider’s office if you have questions about scheduling or coordinating your healthcare needs.
Even in the most difficult times our mission remains: to show and share the love of God, as seen in the good news of Jesus Christ, by providing integrated, affordable, quality health care to those who need it most. We are committed to continuing to advance that mission throughout this outbreak.
Virtual Waiting Room
If this is an emergency, call 911
Covenant Community Care has created a virtual waiting room for consultation with a provider for the public to access COVID-19 testing. If a COVID-19 test is ordered by the provider, you will be scheduled an appointment at the Michigan State Fairgrounds for drive-thru testing.
- Wayne, Oakland or Detroit County resident
- Insurance not required
What You Need
Please be ready to provide your name, date of birth, legal sex, address, phone number, and insurance information (if applicable).
Your call will be answered in the order it was received. We cannot guarantee that all calls can be addressed today, but we will do our best to keep you updated.
You will be sent a consent form to review while you wait.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm, closed Good Friday (04/10/2020)
Updates from Our Team
- COVID-19: Pregnancy Center Update by Rachel Lossing, RN – Nurse Clinic Manager"At the Pregnancy Center we are continuing to provide pregnancy care to all our patients. We have modified our care so that we are able to do basic care via telehealth for the majority of their care. Patients only come to the clinic at certain points during their pregnancy so as to prevent our patients … Read more
- COVID-19: Medical Team Update by Scott Stryd, MD – Chief Medical Officer"These have been unprecedented times of change for Covenant and our world. In a few short weeks so many things about health care and life itself have been turned upside down. At Covenant as the COVID-19 pandemic has progressed we have moved from 100% in person care at all our 6 sites to a predominantly … Read more
- COVID-19: Dental Care Update by Dr. Lynn Eickholt, Chief Dental Officer"During this unprecedented time of a global pandemic, the dental team has adjusted to a new way of providing care at Covenant Community Care. On March 18th, an executive order was given by Governor Whitmer to postpone all elective dental care until April 30th with the potential for an extension. The order restricts dental care … Read more
- Q&A w/ Samantha MalburgCovenant Spotlight Samantha MalburgHuman Resources Generalist Tell us about yourself. I love being outdoors – hiking, biking, running. I also love to craft, especially in the winter months. When is your Birthday? October 19th Fun fact about you! 😊 Recently got engaged at the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge in Northern Ireland. What were you doing … Read more
- COVID-19: Virtual Waiting RoomCovenant Community Care has created a virtual waiting room for consultation with a provider for the public to access COVID-19 testing. If a COVID-19 test is ordered by the provider, you will be scheduled an appointment at the Michigan State Fairgrounds for drive-thru testing.IMPORTANT INFORMATION>If this is an emergency, call 911. Eligibility:Wayne, Oakland or Detroit … Read more
Information & Resources
We will keep a running list of resources for patients and the general public on this page.
- Four Respiratory Care Clinics (RCC) launched and are intended to provide an alternate site for patients exhibiting COVID symptoms to be seen outside of the physician office.
- This is not a clinic for COPD and asthmatic patients who are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. Patients will be assessed, tested for flu, if indicated, and if appropriate, instructed to proceed to ED or discharged home.
- All clinics are open 7 days a week. At this time, NO coronavirus (COVID-19) testing will take place at the RCCs. Patients will be seen by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the site number listed.
Hours vary by location
Coronavirus Hotline: (800) 592-4784
Beaumont is offering information and testing at various locations. The hotline is community resource for timely, accurate information about COVID-19 symptoms and virtual screening for people who are experiencing symptoms.
Hours vary by location
Detroit Medical Center
After Hours Hotline: (888) DMC-3370
DMC is providing an after-hours hotline for COVID-19 questions. There is no guarantee of a virtual screening for this hotline but it may be helpful for evening hours and questions from on-call providers.
5pm – 8am
Detroit Health Department
Health Care Workers Hotline: (313) 876-4000
This number is specifically for healthcare providers with questions regarding patients with suspected COVID-19 or COVID-19 positive patients.
Oakland County Health Department
Nurse On-Call: (800) 848-5533
OCHD has a nurse on-call at this number for COVID-19 questions.
M – F, 8:30am – 5pm
Due to the heavy burden of the COVID-19 epidemic in Detroit, we have had our resources severely strained. Please join in making a donation to help sustain us during the COVID-19 crisis.