Join our Team.
Covenant Community Care will be running again this year in the Detroit Free Press race (https://www.freepmarathon.com/) as an official charity. The race will take place on Oct. 16-17, 2021 in-person (officially announced by the race team on June 24, 2021) and virtually.
This year’s race events include:
- International Half Marathon
- U.S. Only Half Marathon
- Marathon Relay
- Competitive 1-Mile
- Kids Fun Run
Participants can run/walk these events.
- Become a “Covenant Runner.”
Saying “Yes” to being a Covenant Runner means you are choosing to participate in a great cause. You are supporting Covenant’s mission to bring quality health care to those who need it most. Learn more about us here. All Covenant Runners will receive a water bottle for participating, those who meet their fundraising goal will be given a Covenant Runners Tech Long Sleeve shirt (goals must be met by September 8 for T-shirt and size). Covenant Runners’ goal is set at $150 raised.
What if I don’t want to run, but I still want to help out? That is great! We need volunteers to represent Covenant Community Care at the event.
How Do I Sign Up?
- To sign up to become a “Covenant Runner” or Volunteer send an email to email@example.com
- Register here. Select “Covenant Community Care” under the ‘run on behalf of charity’ section. To get the best prices you’ll need to register early! NOTE: Look at your races page for details regarding start time, race course, etc.
- Go to Freepmarathon.com/volunteer to volunteer. They need help with stuffing bags, expo set up, events on race day, gear check, race set up, and tear down.
How Do I Fundraise?
Set up your Givengain fundraising page.
- To register go to givengain.com and click “sign up” > “as a fundraiser.” Create a login and choose our charity to fundraise for. Raise $150 for Covenant by Sept. 8, 2021 to get a Covenant Runners Tech Long Sleeve shirt.
New to Running?
That is awesome! We’ve provided a basic training plan for a couch to 5K and Half Marathon (below). Also, check out A to Z running for their podcast and blog, customizable training plans, and coaching services. https://www.atozrunning.com/
Check out the Detroit Free Press Race FAQ’s on their website here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.