Royal Oak Clinic Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: 9/14/2022
When is the clinic closing?
The Covenant Community Care clinic on Woodward Avenue in Royal Oak is permanently closing on December 30, 2022.
Why is the clinic closing?
We are closing the clinic due to organizational restructuring. We are a grant funded agency, and unfortunately our grant funding is not able to sufficiently fund the Royal Oak clinic.
Can I keep on seeing my Covenant doctor until December 30?
Yes! Covenant will keep the doors open through the end of December to continue to meet your healthcare needs and assist with your transition to a new clinic.
Where is my primary care provider going after the clinic closes?
All of our Woodward staff, including providers, are making important career decisions about where to go next. So far, we know the following:
– Dr. Abbo is not retiring, but will no longer be working in primary care
– Dr. Dillon will be seeing patients at the Medical Office Building at Royal Oak Beaumont starting January 2023. An additional letter will be sent to her patients with details. Dr. Dillon’s Beaumont schedule will be open in late November
– Dr. Calcut will continue with Covenant at the Moross clinic in Detroit
– Dr. McIntosh will continue with Covenant at the Michigan Avenue clinic in Detroit
– Sarah Walsworth, PA-C will continue with Covenant at the Michigan Avenue clinic in Detroit
– Sage Davis, NP will continue with Covenant, but not in patient care
– John Ovies, BHC will remain with Covenant
How do I follow my provider to their new Covenant site?
– To schedule an appointment at a new Covenant site, call 313-733-0985
– We have three health centers in Detroit:
– 5716 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI – near Livernois
– 20901 Moross Rd, Detroit, MI – at I-94
– 18917 Joy Rd, Detroit, MI – at Southfield Frwy
I want to keep my care closer to home, where can I go?
There are two other Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that operate in Oakland County:
– Honor Community Health – 27725 Greenfield Rd., Southfield, MI 48076 – (248) 724-7600
– The Wellness Plan – 21040 Greenfield Rd., Oak Park, MI 48237 – (248) 967-6500
– Your health insurance provider can also help you identify a provider that accepts your insurance
Where can I go to stay with a Beaumont doctor?
The Beaumont Physician Referral line can be reached at (800) 633-7377
Beaumont’s Find A Doctor website can be found at https://www.beaumont.org/services/doctors
The following Beaumont practices have recently opened and are accepting new patients:
Beaumont Beverly Hills Internal Medicine #248-646-8166
–Dr. Berta Rezik MD and Dr. Michelle Egan DO
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics of Royal Oak #248-543-8111
— Dr Nathanel Sanchez MD
Beaumont Primary Care # 947-522-4900 ( Royal Oak)
— Dr. Bethany Leighton DO
Beaumont Internal Medicine Center Southfield #248-356-7726
— Dr. Sara Aguinaga MD and Dr. Adrian Michel MD
Beaumont Outpatient Clinic #248-551-3000 ( Royal Oak)
— Supervised resident physicians
Beaumont Primary Care, St. Clair Shores #947-519-8100
— Dr. Ursula Barghouth MD, Dr. Kristin Kops DO, Dr. Emma Zielinski DO
Rochester Hills Internal Medicine #947-519-8000 (Rochester Hills)
–Dr. Mary Dickow MD, Dr. Michael Rozwadowski MD
Beaumont East Area Family Physicians #586-294-9600 (Roseville)
–Dr. Kathleen Duchak MD
Beaumont Midway Internal Medicine # 248-299-5777 ( Rochester Hills)
–Dr. Katherine Griese MD
Beaumont Northside Family Medicine #313-273-1200 (Detroit)
— Dr. Gena Harrison MD
Beaumont Farmington Village Family Practice #947-521-7150
–Dr. Annie Criab DO, Dr. Abigail DeLand DO
Beaumont Medical Center # 313-387-5253 ( Reford)
–Dr. Britani Marshall MD
How can my new provider get a copy of my medical records?
– If you are staying with Covenant your records will transfer automatically
– If you are transitioning to a non-Covenant provider, have them fax a medical record request to 678-669-9756
How will I get my refills?
– While the clinic will be closing at the end of December, our providers will be available to provide refills until March 31, 2023, in order to give you sufficient time to transition your care to a new provider